Successfully navigating the Local Authority planning application process for the development of land or buildings is often viewed as a challenging prospect. Here’s how we can help.
Firstly, each of Lancashire’s Local Authorities encourage and offer a pre-Application process. Obtaining pre-application advice will hopefully reduce the likelihood of submitting an invalid application, but it is also an opportunity for applicants to ask whether there seems a reasonable chance of getting permission. Find your local Council here (hyperlink to https://www.gov.uk/find-local-council)
Secondly, Lancashire is home to a number of well-established and well-respected planning consultants or agents who will support you on your journey to securing a permission.
Thirdly, Planning Aid England (PAE) provides planning advice and support to help individuals and communities engage with the planning system and get involved in planning their local area. Find out more about the services which they offer here (hyper link to https://www.rtpi.org.uk/planning-aid/about-planning-aid/what-we-offer/)
Growth Lancashire can also assist where the owner/developer/contractor deems that a traditional consultant or agent may not be necessary in the circumstances. This may be particularly relevant to smaller scale developments, which would benefit from a cost-effective and flexible helping-hand, or niche developments, such as proposals affecting historic buildings.
Activities which our qualified Planners can assist with include:
- Advice on proposed development
- Attendance at pre-application meetings with the Local Authority
- Additional liaison/mediation with the Local Authority
- Preparation of planning applications/statements
Why use Growth Lancashire?
- A limited company under Local Authority control; this informs our commitment to act with transparency and impartiality. Our aim is to always be a trusted partner, and an honest-broker.
- Although a public-private partnership, our business-led Board means that we are shaped by private sector influences – we have a track record of getting things done, and offering practical solutions and outcomes.
- We provide a cost effective and flexible service – approach us to discuss your requirements.
- In terms of technical expertise, we have a comprehensive understanding of the Local Authority planning process. Within the team, we have significant experience of the development process and an ongoing commitment to CPD.
- We employ local people who hold thorough knowledge of the local economy and have a track record of delivery.
If you have a project you wish to discuss, please do not hesitate to contact us (hyperlink to https://www.growthlancashire.co.uk/contact/)