Growth Lancashire has been appointed by Preston, South Ribble and Chorley Councils to provide heritage and conservation services.
The principal activity will focus on supporting each Council’s Development Management team as a consultee on Planning Applications for Listed Building Consent and Planning Applications for development within Conservation Areas, as deemed necessary by the Council.
Other activities, which can be requested by the Councils, include:
- attendance at pre-application meetings
- advice on Council-owned heritage assets
- holding heritage surgeries
- holding heritage training
- advice and support on the delivery of heritage-led projects or programmes
- producing a Local List of heritage assets
- undertaking Conservation Area Appraisals
- compiling a Buildings at Risk register
We look forward to supporting each of the Councils as part of their growth and development activities.